Midnight Ride is a top 40s cover group. We perform a wide variety of styles, including Rock, Pop, Country, R&B, 80’s, Disco, Motown, Funk, Hip Hop, and Jazz. Our goal is to get you dancing and rockin’ out to your favorite hits!
Midnight Ride was started by Shawn Blakely in 2009, and the group has grown and evolved since! We now perform across six different counties in California and even play occasional shows in Nevada.
Meet the Band
The band is composed of four core members: Lead Male Singer/ Bassist Shawn Blakely, Guitarist Joel Herr, Female Lead Singer Darla Fox, and Drummer Jason Blair. For bigger shows we feature the Funky Boys, our Horn Trio composed of Kevin Klein (Trumpet), Bob Binder (Saxophone), and Dean Montgomery (Trombone).
Band Manager, Bassist, and Lead Male Singer
Shawn Blakely is the high-flying bassist/vocalist and band manager of Midnight Ride. He is the founding Member of Midnight Ride, going back to December, 2009. Shawn studied music theory at Ventura college and prior to Midnight Ride, cut his teeth performing in coffee houses and restaurants across Ventura and L.A. counties. Shawn is heavily influenced by The Beatles, British Rock, 60’s pop, the Eagles and Crosby, Stills and Nash. Shawn enjoys writing out vocal charts and displaying his high-energy during Midnight Ride’s shows. When not playing music, Shawn enjoys spending time with his 2 small children and traveling the globe with his family.
Guitarist and Singer
Joel is a Los Angeles based guitarist who was born and raised in Hong Kong, China. He moved to LA when he was 19 to study at the Musicians Institute, and has since been an active guitarist, songwriter, producer and educator in the area. Some of Joel’s favorite artists to play with Midnight Ride are: Prince, Oasis, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, and Johnny Cash. In addition to making music, Joel loves to hike, bike, and try new restaurants.
Lead Female Singer
Darla is a singer-songwriter based in the Inland Empire. She grew up in a musical family and began performing in musical theatre at the age of five. Through the years of performing, she developed an interest in songwriting and has been writing songs for ten years. Darla is beginning her career as a songwriter through collaborating with other artists in the LA Circuit. When Darla is not singing with Midnight Ride, she is performing solo acoustic shows, teaching voice lessons, writing songs, or spending time with her family.
Jason Blair was born in Lebanon, PA and currently lives in Covina, CA with his wife and 2 children. He is the owner of Drumming Uncut Studios in Alhambra, CA where he has taught thousands of drum lessons for the past 15 years. His educational background includes majoring in music at Pasadena City College and Berklee College of Music. Jason is also a Sergeant First Class in the 300th Army Band from Bell, CA where he has been serving as an Army Reservist for 16 years. For inquiries about private lessons, please click the link below to visit the Drumming Uncut website.
The Funky Boys
Trumpet, Saxophone, and Trombone
The Funky Boys are a Horn Trio made up of Kevin Klein (Trumpet), Bob Binder (Saxophone), and Dean Montgomery (Trombone). They perform with Midnight Ride in bigger events like Casinos, Weddings, and Clubs. This fun trio also plays in their own group called City Beat.
Previous Venues Played
- El Segundo 4th of July (2019)
- San Jacinto 4th of July Celebration (2019)
- Murrieta Summer Concerts (2014 & 2017)
- Cerritos Summer Concerts (2019)
- Long Beach Summer Concerts (2019)
- Jurupa Valley Summer Concerts (2016-2020)
- Santa Clarita Summer Concerts (2019)
- Claremont Friday Nights (2019)
- Mission Viejo 4th of July (2018)
- Temecula New Year’s Eve (2018 & 2019)
- Pasadena Chalk Festival (2011-2018)
- El Segundo Summer Concert (2018)
- Upland Summer Concerts (2018)
- Apple Valley Courtyard Series (2017)
- Lake Elsinore 4th of July Festival (2014-2016)
- Shoreline Village Summer Concerts (2010-2015)
- Chula Vista Street Fair (2014)
- Taste in Temecula (2012)
- Taste in San Pedro (2011)
- Upland 4th of July Celebration (2011)
- Ventura Fair (2011)
- Big Fresno Fair (2011)
- Soboba Casino (San Jacinto,CA)
- Laughlin River Lodge (Laughlin, NV)
- Hennessey’s (Las Vegas, NV)
- Fantasy Springs Casino (Palm Springs, CA)
- Pala Casino (Pala, CA)
- Pechanga Casino (Temecula)
- Malibu Community Center (Malibu, CA)
- Norwalk Community Center (Norwalk, CA)
- Brennans (Marina Del Rey, CA)
- The Burbank Holiday Inn (Burbank, CA)
- El Principe Nightclub (San Pedro, CA)
- Streamliner Lounge (Orange County, CA)
- Original Mikes (Santa Ana, CA)
- The Field (San Diego, CA)
- Silverlake’s Country Club (Helendale, CA)
- Big Rock Pub (Palm Springs, CA)
- Oak Mountain Winery (Temecula, CA)
- Lorimar Winery (Temecula, CA)
Inquiries & Booking
Interested in booking Midnight Ride for your venue or for a private event? Contact Shawn through our site and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.