Midnight Ride is a top 40s cover group. We perform a wide variety of styles, including Rock, Pop, Country, R&B, 80’s, Disco, Motown, Funk, Hip Hop, and blues. Our goal is to get you dancing and rockin’ out to your favorite hits!
Midnight Ride was started by Shawn Blakely in 2009, and the group has grown and evolved since! We now perform across six different counties in California and even play occasional shows in Nevada.
Meet the Band
The band is composed of four core members: Lead Male Singer/ Bassist Shawn Blakely, Guitarist/Vocalist Joel Herr, Female Lead Singer Deedee Culp, and Drummer Steve Graves. We also have an auxiliary keyboardist, Mar Manuel. For bigger shows we feature the Funky Boys, our Horn Trio composed of Mike Rego (Trumpet), Bob Binder (Saxophone), and Dean Montgomery (Trombone). For wineries and smaller venues, Midnight Ride performs as an acoustic duo.
Band Manager, Bassist, and Lead Male Singer
Shawn Blakely is the high-flying bassist/vocalist and band manager of Midnight Ride. He is based out of Temecula and is the founding Member of Midnight Ride, going back to December, 2009. Shawn studied music theory at Ventura college and prior to Midnight Ride, cut his teeth performing in coffee houses and restaurants across Ventura and L.A. counties. Shawn is heavily influenced by The Beatles, British Rock, 60’s pop, the Eagles and Crosby, Stills and Nash. Shawn enjoys writing out vocal charts and displaying his high-energy during Midnight Ride’s shows. When not playing music, Shawn enjoys spending time with his 2 small children and traveling the globe with his family.
Guitarist and Singer
Joel is a Los Angeles based guitarist who was born and raised in Hong Kong, China. He moved to LA when he was 19 to study at the Musicians Institute, and has since been an active guitarist, songwriter, producer and educator in the area. Some of Joel’s favorite artists to play with Midnight Ride are: Prince, Oasis, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, and Johnny Cash. In addition to making music, Joel loves to hike, bike, and try new restaurants.
Lead Female Singer
Deedee is a San Diego based musician and the newest member of Midnight Ride. Having found her start in musical theatre, Deedee started serving as a lead vocalist in 2016 and has been hooked ever since. During the rare times she’s not learning new music, Deedee enjoys solving puzzles, cooking comfort foods, and finding new shows to obsess over.
Steve started his drumming career in the mid ‘70’s, and has been playing ever since. Eventually earning his B.M. from Cal State University Long Beach and a Master’s from the American Band College at Sam Houston State University, he has been teaching band to middle school students full time for 35 years. His percussion performance career includes 16 years as a musician at Disneyland, playing in professional and community concert bands and orchestras, big bands, jazz combos, and various top 40/rock/funk groups. He also writes and arranges music for school ensembles, and has several of his works published and in use across the country and abroad.
The Funky Boys
Trumpet, Tenor Saxophone, and Trombone
The Funky Boys are a Horn Trio made up of Mike Rego (Trumpet), Bob Binder (Tenor Sax), and Dean Montgomery (Trombone). They perform with Midnight Ride in bigger events like Casinos, Weddings, and outdoor events.
Previous Venues Played
- Temecula New Year’s Eve (2018 & 2021)
- El Segundo 4th of July (2019)
- San Jacinto 4th of July Celebration (2018 & 2019)
- Murrieta Summer Concerts (2014 & 2017)
- Cerritos Summer Concerts (2019)
- Long Beach Summer Concerts (2019)
- Jurupa Valley Summer Concerts (2016-2021)
- Santa Clarita Summer Concerts (2019 & 2020)
- Claremont Friday Nights (2019)
- Mission Viejo 4th of July (2018)
- Mission Viejo Halloween Party (2018 & 2019)
- Pasadena Chalk Festival (2011-2018)
- El Segundo Summer Concert (2018)
- Upland Summer Concerts (2018)
- Apple Valley Courtyard Series (2017)
- Lake Elsinore 4th of July Festival (2014-2016)
- Shoreline Village Summer Concerts (2010-2015)
- Chula Vista Street Fair (2014)
- Taste in Temecula (2012)
- Taste in San Pedro (2011)
- Upland 4th of July Celebration (2011)
- Ventura Fair (2011)
- Big Fresno Fair (2011)
- Soboba Casino (San Jacinto, CA)
- Fantasy Springs Casino (Palm Springs, CA)
- Pala Casino (Pala, CA)
- Pechanga Casino (Temecula, CA)
- The Kraken (Cardiff, CA)
- The Post at Rockwells (Villa Park. CA)
- Norwalk Community Center (Norwalk, CA)
- Hennessey’s (La Jolla, CA)
- The Burbank Holiday Inn (Burbank, CA)
- Muldoons (Newport Beach, CA)
- Oak Tree Mountain (Oak Glen, CA)
- Vitagliano Winery (Santa Ana, CA)
- The Field Irish Pub (San Diego, CA)
- Big Rock Pub (Palm Springs, CA)
- Peltzer WInery (Temecula, CA)
- The Point (Dana Point, CA)
- Patsy’s Irish Pub (Mission Viejo, CA)
- Etiwanda Roadhouse (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
- The Hop Stop (Poway, CA)
- Callaway Winery (Temecula, CA)
- Be Good Restaurant (Temecula, CA)
- Masia De La Vinya (Temecula, CA)
- Haven City Marketplace (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
- Laughlin River Lodge (Laughlin, NV)
- Hennessey’s (Las Vegas, NV)
- Harry’s Nightclub (Pismo Beach)
Inquiries & Booking
Interested in booking Midnight Ride for your venue or for a private event? Contact Shawn through our site and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.